Den of Geek celebrates the sci-fi movies of Jeff Goldblum.
My Bookish Ways covers all of August’s new releases in science fiction, fantasy, and horror.
Movie Pilot asks (and answers) Why Are We Obsessed With the End of the World?
Apparently “cli-fi” is a thing now, and people have thoughts on it:
- “As the weather shifts, ‘cli-fi’ takes root as a new literary genre”
- “Cli-Fi; Climate Change Fiction as Literature’s New Frontier?”
- “Can cli-fi save us from ourselves?”
Speaking of climate change, Margaret Atwood says “It’s not climate change–it’s everything change.”
The Mary Sue writes about anti-heroines and flawed female protagonists…
And Rejected Princesses explains why so many of the princesses featured there are so evil.
I wrote about the movie Advantageous earlier this week, but there’s plenty of other great stuff to read about it, too:
- Advantageous: Feminist Science Fiction at Its Best
- Advantageous: A Dystopian Film That’s Packed With Hope
- Shut up and go stream Advantageous, a feminist sci-fi stunner now on Netflix
- Phang imagines feminist dilemmas of the future in Advantageous
- The Woman in the Mirror: Talking With Advantageous Director Jennifer Phang
- The Mary Sue Interview: Advantageous‘ Jennifer Phang